In the current COVID-19 scenario, Air France is operating flights between India and France under the “bilateral air bubble agreement ”. Flight operations are from the 4 Indian gateways Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi & Mumbai in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures & regulations provided by the competent authorities in India.
Air France operations from India are in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulations provided by the competent authorities in India.
In compliance with the scope by authorities in India, travel is not permitted to/from UK and Canada on Air France flights.
ELIGIBILITY - FLIGHTS FROM INDIA
SCOPE: Europe, South America and Africa
Passengers are personally responsible to ascertain eligibility based on ENTRY conditions for final destination and TRANSIT regulations.
A general overview of the latest travel advice and required travel documents per destination can be found on https://airfrance.traveldoc.aero
- Indian nationals who are eligible to travel to EU / Schengen area, South America and Africa.
- All foreign nationals destined for EU / Schengen area, South America and Africa. Their dependents / spouses accompanied or otherwise.
- Seamen of any foreign nationality destined for countries in EU / Schengen area, South America and Africa.
- Seamen holding Indian passport subject to clearance from Ministry of Shipping and destined for countries as mentioned above.
The “bilateral air bubble” agreement between India and The United States of America, permits partner Delta Air Lines to codeshare with Air France and fly passengers between India and USA via France.
For bookings visit www.delta.com
Passengers are personally responsible to ascertain eligibility based on the ENTRY requirements applicable at destination.
New conditions of entry in France.
The French Government has implemented new health formalities for entry into French territory from all countries, applicable from December 4, 2021.
1. All passengers travelling from India to final destination France ; irrespective of vaccination status (vaccinated or not) must present a negative RT- PCR test or antigen test < 48hours before departure to France.
2. All passengers (vaccinated or not) will also have to present a sworn statement attesting that they agree to be tested upon their arrival in France. This statement is available on Certificate of international travel / L'actu du Ministère / Actualités - Ministère de l'Intérieur (interieur.gouv.fr)
3. For more information on Entry Conditions & restrictions and approved vaccinations kindly visit the above website and https://in.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-Conditions-for-entering-France
4. Link to download travel certificates and statements: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
5. For a general overview of travel conditions visit https://airfrance.traveldoc.aero/
In the current dynamic COVID-19 scenario, travel regulations change frequently. Passengers are personally responsible to ascertain travel eligibility based on entry conditions and health protocols via websites mentioned above.
Passengers traveling via Paris to an international destination, the entry conditions of the end destination apply.
AIRPORT TRANSIT VISA (ATV) for transit via France.
As of April 27, 2021, The French authorities have implemented new travel requirements. Passengers holding Indian passports must be in possession of a valid Airport Transit Visa (ATV) to transit via France for final destination outside the Schengen Area.
Without ATV passengers will not be permitted to board.
This does not apply to the following passengers:
- Nationals and residents of France;
- Nationals and residents of a European Union member state;
- Family members of nationals of a European Union member state, a EEA member state or Switzerland;
- Passengers holding a valid uniform visa, long stay visa or residence permit issued by a Schengen Area member state or Monaco;
- Passengers holding a valid residence permit issued by Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Andorra, Canada, United States, Japan or San Marino;
- Passengers holding a valid visa issued by Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania, or Canada, Japan and the United States. In case of an inward journey, the exemption of ATV applies only if the airport of departure is based in the country having issued the visa.
- Holders of a diplomatic passport
- Crew members holding a license issued in accordance with the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation.
Kindly select “Transit” in menu option to know information specific to ATV.
Passengers transiting through France require documents that meet the validity requirements for their final destination.
Travel to France is strictly in compliance with the applicable ENTRY CONDITIONS.
For passengers in transit via France and with final destination outside of France: the rules of the country of final destination apply. Passengers are personally responsible to ensure the same before boarding via: https://www.traveldoc.aero/?culture=en
ELIGIBILITY - FLIGHTS TO INDIA
- Indian nationals permitted to travel from any country in EU / Schengen area, South America and Africa.
- All OCI cardholders (Overseas Citizen of India) / POI cardholders (Person of Indian Origin) travelling from any country in EU / Schengen area, South America and Africa.
- All foreign nationals from any country in EU / Schengen area, South America and Africa and their dependents / spouses accompanied or otherwise. Relevant category of dependent visa is required. Travel not permuted based on tourist visa.
- Seamen of all nationalities from EU / Schengen area, South America and Africa.
- For travel to India, all suspended visas are restored effective 21 October 2020. Except electronic visas (e-visas), tourist visas and medical visas.
PROCESS: FOR PASSENGERS ARRIVING TO INDIA
It is MANDATORY for passengers to adhere to the below regulations from Government of India. Non-compliance would lead to denied boarding.
- Registration with the Embassy of India via https://forms.gle/ddKHqae5cVrstXbu8 as per Government of India norms.
a. Passengers must register before purchasing tickets.
b. This portal is global in nature and passengers can register from any place in the world.
c. Passengers must have a copy of the registration confirmation at boarding in Paris - CDG.
- Bookings should be updated with valid email id for passengers. This is imperative to keep them updated of mandatory and important updates. Kindly refrain from using travel agency email ids.
- Passengers are advised to download "Aarogya Setu” application on their mobile devices.
- Passengers arriving to Bengaluru are required to download 2 additional mobile apps:
a. Quarantine Watch
b. Apthamitra app
The Ministry of Civil Aviation India, has issued new arrival guidelines and health measures. This is applicable for passengers arriving to India with immediate effect
All Passengers arriving to India are required to ensure mandatory compliance with the below.
- Submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal (https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration) before the scheduled travel, including last 14 days travel details.
- Mandatory to submit a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey. The test report should be uploaded on https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/covid-19-exemption-international-passenger for consideration. Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution, if found otherwise. The decision taken by the government authorities as communicated via the portal will be final. Passengers are advised to carry a copy of the report to be produced on arrival if needed.
- All passengers must submit a self-declaration via https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration at least 72 hours prior departure.
- Passengers are required to give an undertaking on the portal or otherwise to Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India, before undertaking the journey that they would abide by the decision of the appropriate government authority to undergo home quarantine/ self-monitoring / hotel quarantine as applicable or as warranted.
- Passengers will be allowed to board only after they have filled the Self- Declaration Form on the Air Suvidha portal and uploaded the negative RT-PCR, within the prescribed timelines.
This list includes countries in Europe. For complete list refer to https://www.mohfw.gov.in/
- Thermal screening will be carried out . If the passengers are found symptomatic, they will be immediately isolated and taken to medical facility as per standard health protocols.
- Upon arrival, passengers will have to undergo self-paid mandatory RT-PCR testing at the arrival airport. Passengers will be required to wait for their test report before leaving or taking a connecting flight.
- Passengers with onward domestic connections are required to plan accordingly.
- If passengers are tested negative they will follow home quarantine for 7 days. Re-test on 8th day of arrival in India and if negative, further self-monitor health for next 7 days.
- If any passenger is tested positive (upon arrival or post a re-test as mentioned in bullet # 9), applicable protocol would apply which includes : send sample for genomic testing , admit at separate isolation facility and treatment as per laid down standard protocol. For more details visit https://www.mohfw.gov.in/
- All passengers must go through the Guidelines for international arrivals and ensure they fulfill all requirements mentioned in the same. This information is subject to change and passengers are personally responsible to ascertain eligibility by directly checking latest conditions For more information refer to https://www.mohfw.gov.in/
ADDITIONAL MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS (IN ADDITION TO ABOVE) FOR PASSENGERS ARRIVING IN MAHARASHTRA
- The Government of Maharashtra has issued new guidelines in order to restrict the transmission of the “Omicron” variant.
- Passengers are requested to refer to the arrival guidelines issued for countries categorized under “ HIGH RISK” and “AT RISK” and accordingly make arrangements.
- Kindly refer to https://csmia.adaniairports.com/notification.aspx and for detailed information and updates.
The above requirements change frequently, all passengers are requested to visit the below websites for more information visit:
Please Note: Bengaluru International Airport and Auriga Private Limited offer passengers the facility to pre-book COVID-19 tests up to 3 days before travel. This facility is available for both arriving and departing passengers.Details are available on aurigaresearch.in
COVID-19 TESTING AT INDIA AIRPORTS:
For travel effective 22nd May 2021, please make note of the requirement of RT-PCR Test report with QR code as mentioned above.
Passengers who wish to undertake the COVID-19 tests (RT-PCR and Rapid Antigen tests) at the airport before departure ex India are required to plan accordingly.
Testing and receiving results in the current circumstances could take longer than usual. Indicative timings as below:
- Bengaluru: AURIGA CENTRE: (Located near departure gate 1)
https://www.bengaluruairport.com/travellers/passenger-services/faqs-at-blr.html or https://testing-lab.com/covid19-testing-center
RT – PCR : 5 hours or more
Rapid Antigen test : 60 minutes
For information on pre-booking facility visit aurigaresearch.in
- Delhi: GENESTRINGS LAB
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/covid19 or https://www.newdelhiairport.in/covid19-rtpcr-test-appointment-booking
RT-PCR : 6 hours or more
Rapid Antigen test : 60 minutes
Forecourt opposite gate no. 2
- Mumbai: LIFINITY LAB
For information on current timelines applicable for RT- PCR at Mumbai, you are requested to directly check the latest information via https://csmia.aero/traveller.aspx.
Passengers who wish to undertake the RT-PCR test before departure at Mumbai airport, please note the testing centre is relocated to Multi Level Car Parking, West Level P9
Rapid Antigen test : 60 minutes (Located at gate 2 and 3)
- Chennai: HINDLABS (HLL lifecare Limited) located at International Arrival Terminal (T3)
RT-PCR : 8hours or more and TrueNat RT-PCR (3 or more hours).
Rapid Antigen Test : Passengers are required to arrive at the airport at least 5.30 hours prior departure for registration formalities etc. Test report will be give within 60 minutes.
Location : D8 Ground Floor, International Terminal
- Please note for Rapid Antigen Test: Indicative time to obtain test results is approximately 60 minutes. However, registration and testing procedure can take longer.
- In the current scenario with the rise in demand for RT-PCR and Rapid Antigen tests, all customers are personally responsible to check latest information on timelines via the links of testing centres as mentioned above and plan their arrival at the airport accordingly.
- Check-in will be permitted only after obtaining the negative test results.
- In order to pre-register and arrange prior appointments, passengers are required to contact the centres at the airport directly. Cost of all tests are to be borne by the passengers.
Passengers are personally responsible to comply with regulations. Protocol, exemptions, heath measures & quarantine regulations related to COVID-19 implemented in India and as applicable at Destination State / Union Territories Government to be adhered.
In addition to above, all passengers are personally responsible to arrange and be in possession of the required health and travel documentation such as passport, visas, health certifications any relevant documents for ENTRY into India and confirmation of Embassy registration.
For departures ex India, passengers are required to check the ENTRY requirements at destination country.
The regulations stated here are subject to updates.
FORMS FOR DEPARTURES FROM INDIA
Passengers travelling to Metropolitan France are required to provide additional documents such as travel certificates and statements.
This is a mandatory requirement.
Information and forms are available on https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from6